Sunday, July 21, 2013

Yoga Workshop

I took my first yoga workshop which was on restorative yoga and chanting. We did some chanting while the instructor played the harmonium. Then 1 hour of restorative yoga which left me feeling so light and relaxed. Even though, I learned Vinyasa flow I see the value in incorporating some of the restorative poses into my teachings. Also, I feel it to be essential for yogis to take different classes and learn because Yoga is all about learning and growing. It is also a lot of fun to explore new linages and teaching styles.

Lastly, I wanted to share a common chant that is easy to incorporate in your home practice or studio.

Om Namah Shivaya
(om na mah shi vaa ya)

This mantra is chanted to honor your divine spirit. So when I chant this I honor the divine that resides in us all and yoga helps us on that journey. So I invite you to start chanting with our eyes closed and your heart open.

I would love to hear about your experiences if you want to share. Chant on!

Angkor Wat temple
 
 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment