Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My yoga learning throught teacher training

Delving deeper into this yoga journey I find myself craving spiritual history. As I read The Gita it grabs my heart and allows me to see the beauty in the true essence of ones yoga practice.
 
The Bhagavad Gita A walkthrough for Westerners by Jack Hawley Ch.6 lines 24-26
 


"Renounce all selfish desires, which are but products of the ego.
Use the mind to curb all your senses. Rein in your restless and fidgety mind
from wandering outside to seek stimulation and
satisfaction. Turn inward and train it to rest in God.
Keep attention anchored in the Atma, your true self.
Think of nothing else. Then , peace and quiet will gradually arise in you.
 
I hope this ignites something in you to explore while practicing yoga or to seek while practicing. Be the great yogi you are meant to be both on and off the mat.
 
 
Multnomah Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment